I have taken a short break from coding accounting system and reporter features in order to present a rough vision for implementing the concepts and components that have been described in this site. In this vision, the information system under development will be packaged for exploratory studies of dynamic currency brand indices.
All of tyaga’s work relates to the development of reliable and compelling currency brand indices. The impact of dynamic indices on the spread of ledger-based currencies will be comparable to the impact of search engines on the usability and growth of the Web. This is an optimistic statement that begs to be tested on empirical grounds.
Of course, there are different ways to establish currency brand indices. Stephen DeMeulenaere / Strohalm publishes something similar once-a-year for complementary or alternative currencies, but the information is not sufficiently dynamic, and is neither easily auditable nor traceable to economic activities of market entities. When the “tower” analogy was posted in 2007, there were no apparent published efforts that appreciated the importance of this challenge. As a result, tyaga.org was established to actively research and develop strategic approaches for establishing dynamic brand indices. So far, the strategy involves the following concepts and components:
- Prowl’s publisher-reporter emphasis encourages the simultaneous development of multiple index applications.
- PaCT results in instantenously cross-verified and updated transaction information that indices could pull and evaluate
- OCAUP facilitates audits and reconciliation of information in internal ledgers, published reports and indexed evaluation metrics.
- The concept of independent currency brands (ICB) promotes traceability to and indexing by specialized market entities, instead of communities-members or lenders-borrowers.
- The IS infrastracture plan and diagram present the conceptual separation of concerns
- The Prism classification convention encourages new perspectives and critiques on currency design
The proposed study plan is one way to test the validity and effectiveness of various design elements, including tyaga’s assumptions made with regards to the design of information system.